Over 2 million people are injured in auto accidents each year.
Auto accidents are becoming all too common as drivers are becoming more distracted and paying less attention to other vehicles and the road in front of them, which can leave auto accident victims seriously injured, permanently disabled, or dead. Auto accidents are stressful, not just physically and financially but emotionally as well.
The leading cause of death among Americans ages 1 to 34, claiming over 400,000 lives each year, are motor vehicle accidents.
FACTORS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS ARE:
- Drugs and/or alcohol
- Distractions such as texting, talking on cell phone, eating, applying makeup, tiredness
- Road conditions
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to obey traffic signs or utilize turn signals
- Falling asleep at the wheel
WHEN THE DRIVER MAY NOT BE AT FAULT
- Automobile defect
- Construction areas not properly marked
- Incorrect highway signs
- Non-working traffic lights
If you have had an auto accident caused by any of the above, contact an auto accident attorney as you may be entitled to special benefits by the company/person(s) at fault.
While it is important to be aware and pay attention to other drivers on the road, it is also important to start with yourself. Below are some safety tips that may help to avoid road accidents in the future.
- Don’t tailgate. You should leave at least one car length between yourself and the driver in front of you.
- Always use your turn signal when changing lanes and making turns. Always ensure your turn signal is turned off once your lane change or turn has been completed.
- Always follow the posted speed limit.
- If someone is in a rush let them pass you and be on their way, rather than having them trailing too closely.
- Use your side and rearview mirrors so you are aware of the drivers around you and can plan your next move accordingly.
In Los Angeles, almost 45% of all road accidents involved motorcycle versus car. Predominantly, the cause of injury and death resulting from a motorcycle accident is the drivers’ inability to see and recognize motorcycles while driving. Most often, the driver has very little or no time to react in order to avoid the collision.
CONTRIBUTING FACTORS IN MOTORCYCLE FATALITIES
- Rural roads
- Not wearing a helmet
- Driving at night
- Undivided roadways
The risk of injury or death, for all motorcycle skill levels, will always remain, whether it is road rash from a minor road accident to paraplegia, accidents involving motorcycles to more damage to families and individuals that any other road collisions.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile, motorcycle, or bicycle road accident you need the representation of an experienced auto accident attorney who can help assist you in recovering medical costs, lost wages, property damage, and compensation if your quality of life is not what it was before the accident. Your accident attorney will also help you with your auto insurance company, helping you file the necessary claims so there is no delay in receiving entitlements you deserve.